Offensive Security, the creators of Swiss army knife for Security researchers, Penetration testers and Hackers have finally released the much awaited and most powerful version of Kali Linux 2.0.
Kali Linux 2.0 is now a rolling distribution, means users will receive tools and core system updates frequently.
Kali Linux 2.0 Features:
- Runs on Linux kernel 4.0,
- use full Gnome 3 Desktop instead of gnome-fallback,
- improved hardware and wireless driver coverage,
- support for a variety of Desktop Environments,
- updated desktop environment and tools,
- Featuring new cutting-edge wireless penetration tools,
- Kali Linux now added desktop notifications, so that you do not miss anything,
- Support Ruby 2.0, which will make Metasploit will load much faster,
- Kali 2.0 added inbuilt screencasting tool so that you can record desktop.
Upgrade to Kali 2.0
cat << EOF > /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://http.kali.org/kali sana main non-free contrib
deb http://security.kali.org/kali-security/ sana/updates main contrib non-free
apt-get dist-upgrade # get a coffee, or 10.
Download Kali 2.0 Penetration Testing Platform
- Kali Linux 64 bit
- Kali Linux 32 bit
- Kali Linux VMWare or VirtualBox images
- Kali 2.0 for ARM architecture